Hausmoney Cardholder Agreement
This Cardholder Agreement ("Agreement") covers your rights, our rights, and the rights of our representatives associated with your participation with Tiphaus, Inc. DBA Hausmoney Mastercard Debit Card ("Card"). This Agreement is effective as of June 13, 2022. The Hausmoney Card is issued by Lineage Bank, Tennessee ("Bank" or "Issuer") pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Lineage Bank, Member FDIC.
Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ASSOCIATED WITH A HAUSMONEY ACCOUNT. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card associated with your Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card associated with Hausmoney Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Definitions. (1) Our "Business Days" are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CT, with the exception of any state or federal banking holidays. (2) "Account" means the account established by Hausmoney with Bank, and designated by Hausmoney to be associated with your Card. (3) "Card" means the Mastercard© debit card and any duplicates, renewals, or substitutions provided to you. (4) "Bank" means Lineage Bank or anyone to whom the Bank transfers this Agreement. (5) "You" and "your" mean the person whose name appears on the Card and who is authorized to use the Card as provided by this Agreement. (6) "We," "us," and "our" mean Hausmoney. (7) "Transaction" means use of the Card or number on the Card, and Personal Identification Number or Code (PIN) when required, to perform a transaction with the Card (e.g., make a purchase). (8) "Charges" means all amounts charged to the Account, including as a result of Transactions, late fees, or other fees.
By using or authorizing any other person to use your Card, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement to the following terms and conditions:
1. Availability of Funds. Funds will become available to you via the Card after they have been received by the Bank. You may use your Card only to the extent that you have available funds. You access our mobile app to determine your current card account balance.
2. Activation. You must activate the Card before it can be used. You may activate the Card in the Hausmoney app. For your security, you will need to provide personal information to verify your identity and complete the activation process.
3. Personal Identification Number ("PIN"). When you activate your Card, you will choose a confidential PIN which will enable you to identify yourself when using your Card. Your PIN is a security feature that functions as your signature, identifying you as the proper user of the Card and authorizing any transaction that you make using the Card. If you voluntarily give your Card and/or PIN to another person, you have authorized said person(s) to use your Card and access your Funds, and you will be responsible for their use of your Card unless Hausmoney is otherwise notified and the PIN has been changed.
4. Card Services. We generally offer the following services to Cardholders ("Cardholder Services"):
a. Automated Teller Machine ("ATM") Services. You may use your Card at an ATM that bears the network logo(s) that appear on your Card to withdraw Funds or to inquire about the amount of Funds available to you. ATM owner-operators may impose their own fees and lower limits on cash withdrawals. All ATM transactions are treated as cash withdrawal transactions and subject to your daily cash withdrawal limit.
b. Merchant Services. You may use your Card to purchase goods and services at any retail or other establishment that displays the network logo that appears on your Card. You may use your PIN at any Point of Sale ("POS") device, as permissible by a merchant that bears PULSE® acceptance marks, and subject to your daily purchase limit.
5. Receipts. You should get a receipt at the time you use your Card at an ATM, or when you use your Card to purchase goods or services through a merchant. This would include printing proof of services/purchases with any internet merchants. Many disputes must have this documentation provided to be valid disputes.
6. Periodic Statements. Under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, you will receive periodic statements from us. Your statement is available electronically in the Hausmoney app.
7. Electronic Communications. We may be required to provide certain disclosures, notices, and communications ("Communications") to you in written form. Pursuant to this Agreement, we will deliver Communications to you in electronic form. Your agreement to this Agreement confirms your ability and consent to receive Communications electronically, rather than in paper form.
You agree and consent to receive electronically all Communications provided to you in connection with the Card and your use of the Card. Communications include: (1) agreements and policies you must agree to in order to use the Card (e.g., this Agreement), including updates to those agreements and policies; (2) Transaction receipts or confirmations; (3) notices; and (4) all other communications or documents related to or about the Card.
Electronic Communications shall be deemed to be received by you upon delivery in the following manner: (1) posting them on or in a website or mobile application associated with the Card or Account; (2) sending them via electronic mail to your email address on file with us; or (3) otherwise communicating them to you via the Program. It is your responsibility to open and review Communications that we deliver to you through the methods described in the preceding sentence. We may, but are not obligated to under this Agreement, provide you with notice of the availability of a Communication that is delivered in one of the methods described in the preceding sentence (for example, by informing you of such Communication through a notification sent to your mobile device). You should maintain copies of electronic Communications by printing paper copies or saving electronic copies, as applicable.
In order to access and retain electronic Communications, you will need to maintain or have access to the following computer hardware and software at your own expense: (1) a computer or mobile device; (2) a current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption (e.g. Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 2.0 and above, Chrome version 3.0 and above, or Safari 3.0 and above) with cookies enabled; (3) the appropriate mobile application, in the case of Communications delivered through such application; (4) software capable of opening documents in PDF format; (5) access to the valid email address we have on file for you; and, (6) sufficient storage space to save past Communications or a printer to print them. By agreeing to this Agreement, you confirm that you are able to meet the foregoing requirements, and that you can receive, open, and print or save any Communications referenced in this Agreement for your records.
The following additional terms will apply to such electronic Communications: (1) you may contact Hausmoney to request another electronic copy of the electronic Communication without a fee; (2) you may contact Hausmoney to update your information used for electronic Communications or to withdraw consent to receive electronic Communications (NOTE that Hausmoney does not offer paper documents. If you revoke electronic consent, you will have to close your account); and (3) we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Card if you decline or withdraw consent to receive electronic Communications. You may contact Hausmoney in relation to this Section through the means specified by Hausmoney.
8. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. You shall notify us immediately if you believe that your Card has been lost or stolen or that someone has learned your PIN or Card number. You can notify us by calling 1.888.688.4349 or write to: email@example.com. You could lose all of your Funds if you do not notify us, but your losses can be limited if you notify us promptly. If you notify us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Card without your permission. If you do not notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card, and if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Card without permission if you had promptly notified us, you could lose as much as $500.00. You shall notify us immediately if your Card statement shows transfers or transactions that you did not make or authorize. If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after the statement was delivered to you, and if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking or using the money if you had notified us in time, you may not get back any money that you lost after the sixty (60 days).
9. Our Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions. If Bank does not complete a Transaction timely or in the correct amount according to this Agreement, Bank may be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions:
a. If, through no fault of our own, you do not have adequate Funds available to complete the transaction;
b. If an ATM where you are making a withdrawal does not have enough cash;
c. If an electronic terminal where you are making a transaction does not operate properly, and you knew about the problem when you initiated the transaction;
d. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or communications or computer failure) prevent the completion of the transaction, despite our reasonable efforts;
e. If access to your account has been blocked after you have reported your Card lost or stolen;
f. If a merchant refuses to accept your card;
g. If there is a hold on your Card Account for any reason;
h. If your Funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting their transfer; or
i. If your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law. There may be other applicable exceptions not listed above but that are stated elsewhere in other agreements between you and us.
10. Error Resolution. In case of an error or question about electronic Card transactions, please notify us as soon as possible if you think your statement or receipt is wrong, or you need more information about a transaction listed on a statement or receipt. You can notify us by calling 1.888.688.4349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. When you notify us:
a. Tell us your Name and the last four digits of your card number.
b. Describe the error or transaction that you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe that it is an error or why you need more information.
c. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error and where and when the transaction took place. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
d. Within ten (10) business days after we hear from you, we will determine whether an error occurred, and if so, we will correct the error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time that it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or questioning in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account.
e. We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. f. For errors involving new Cards, POS transactions, or foreign-initiated transactions, it may take up to ninety (90) days to investigate your complaint or question.
11. Using the Card. So long as you do not exceed the funds available in your Account, you may use the Card to purchase goods or services wherever the Card is honored, and to obtain cash by initiating cash withdrawal transactions through the Card from any financial institution or ATM that accepts the Card. Each time you use the Card, you authorize us to reduce the funds available in your Account by the amount of the purchase or withdrawal and any applicable fees, costs, or holdings. There is no credit line associated with your card. This means that at the time of the transaction you must have sufficient funds in your Account to pay for the transaction and you are never allowed to exceed the available balance in your Account. Nevertheless, if you exceed the available balance you shall remain fully liable to us for the amount of the transactions and any applicable fees and charges. You can get a receipt at the time you initiate a transaction and should retain the receipt to verify your transactions.
12. Limitations on Use. Only one Card will be issued per Accountholder and only the person identified on the Card is authorized by Hausmoney to use it. You may be denied the right to use the Card if you: a. Exceed the $500.00 limit for ATM withdrawals and cash-like withdrawals; b. Do not have adequate funds available in your Account for the transaction; c. Do not enter the correct PIN; d. Exceed the frequency of use limitation.
You do not have the right to stop payment on any purchase or withdrawal originated through your Card. The following transaction, balance, and frequency of use limitations apply:
a. You are permitted to conduct POS purchases per day with an aggregate maximum spend amount of $2,500.00 per day.
b. You may not use the Card for any illegal or restricted transaction, including internet gambling services. If you authorize a transaction, the approval may result in a hold for the amount of the transaction for up to thirty days, even if you do not complete the purchase. A hold (which may be for more than the actual amount of the transaction) may also be placed by the merchant in connection with a hotel or car rental transaction.
THE CARD IS AND REMAINS THE PROPERTY OF THE ISSUER, IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AND, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MAY BE CANCELED, REPOSSESSED OR REVOKED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
13. Returns and Refunds. If you need to return an item that you purchased with the Card, the merchant will handle the return in accordance with MasterCard© guidelines. The merchant may credit your Card, provide a cash refund, or issue store credit.
14. Foreign Currency Transactions. You may or may not be able to make international transactions. Any purchase or withdrawal made in another currency will be converted to U.S. dollars by MasterCard©, according to an exchange rate selected by MasterCard© U.S.A. Inc. from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which may vary from the rate MasterCard© itself receives, or the government-mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date.
15. Suspend, Cancellation, Renewal, and Replacement. You may suspend your Card at any time in the Hausmoney app. Suspending your Card prevents the use of the Card and will result in the decline of transactions attempting to be made with the Card. You can unsuspend the Card at any time in the Hausmoney app. You may cancel your Card and this Agreement at any time by notifying us directly at email@example.com. To order a replacement card, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we may cancel this Agreement, the Card, and the related services at any time. The Card provided to you will be valid through the expiration date printed on the front of the Card. If your Card has expired, contact us to request a replacement card at email@example.com.
16. Agreement Amendment. We may amend or change the terms of this Agreement at any time and from time to time. We will notify you thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of any such changes.
17. Severability and Governing Law. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement. This agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware and any actions or preceding with respect to this Agreement or any services hereunder shall be brought only before a federal or state court in the State of Delaware.
All trademarks and brand names belong to their respective owners. Use of these trademarks and brand names do not represent endorsement by or association with this card program. All rights reserved. Standard data rates from your wireless service provider may apply.
Hausmoney Cardholder Agreement
Last Updated: 07/31/2022